The competitive compensation package includes a salary of $175,000 - 200,000.
The position is also eligible for employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. Travel, primarily statewide, is estimated at 20%.
For more information, visit https://wilcoxcareer.com/CalPACE
"The functions of CalPACE shall be: (a) to support, safeguard, and promote, in the State of California, the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly ("PACE") model of care through education and advocacy; (b) to promote high quality health care services to the elderly in the state of California; and (c) to facilitate quality health care services to the elderly, in the State of California, through PACE."
Our client, CalPACE (www.calpace.org), seeks a new Chief Executive Officer. CalPACE is a $1 million, 501(c)(6) organization, dedicated to advocacy for the expansion of comprehensive health care services to the frail elderly through the Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). There are currently 23 PACE organizations in California, with more to open in the coming years. With a Board of Directors of 17, Executive, Finance, Policy, and Rate Methodology Committees, along with a small staff, the new CEO has the opportunity to help create CalPACE's next, dynamic chapter.
CalPACE's overarching goals are to improve the lives of frail seniors and their
families in California by promoting the expansion of PACE in California; increasing access to PACE, particularly in underserved areas of the state; promoting adoption of best practices by member organizations; promoting the integrity of the model; and supporting the viability and sustainability of the PACE model over time. CalPACE will work to achieve these overarching goals by developing and carrying out strategies related to the following goals:
A. Demonstrate the value of and need for PACE to policymakers, stakeholders, and the public
B. Promote awareness and visibility of PACE
C. Advocate for PACE growth, stability, and sustainability
D. Become a resource for best practices and innovation related to quality of care, workforce development, and adaptation of the PACE model
E. Develop an organizational commitment and goals related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
F. Support the evolution of the association as membership grows and becomes more diverse.
The Chief Executive Officer is accountable to the CalPACE Board of Directors and provides leadership, organizational direction, and fiscal management to the organization, consistent with the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the association.
* Develop strategic goals and plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors
* Oversee all aspects of the organization's operations, including public policy,
communications, personnel, member services, data collection, marketing,
finances, budgeting, and administration
* Recruit and oversee direct and contract staff engaged in carrying out the
* Develop and implement effective public policy strategies, working with the
Board and contract lobbyist
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with state and federal agencies and partners and aging and disability stakeholder organizations
* Serve as a key spokesperson with federal and state policymakers and
* Develop and oversee, in collaboration with the Board, organizational
governance activities to expand member engagement and support for the
organization's mission and goals, including Board director and officer
elections, Board development activities, committees, and workgroups
* Develop and carry out, in collaboration with the Board, goals and strategies to promote diversity, equity and inclusion within the organization and its
* Oversee and manage the organization's finances through financial controls
and budgets to ensure the financial solvency and integrity of the organization.
* Develop sponsorship and other non-dues opportunities to help support the
organization's financial stability and ability to grow
* Other duties as necessary to ensure that the organization meets its mission
EXPECTED OUTCOMES FOR THE FIRST YEAR
It is expected that the Chief Executive Officer will achieve the following in the first year:
* Cultivate a strong relationship with CalPACE Officers and Board Members
* Within the first 90 days...
o Conduct an informal organizational assessment (staff, consultants,
membership, resources, non-dues revenue, office needs and lease,
governance, financials, operations) and report findings to the Board
o Become up to date on CalPACE's policy priorities, initiatives, coalitions, and
* By the end of the first year...
o Be seen as the leader in PACE advocacy and key spokesperson in California, effectively supporting, safeguarding, and expanding PACE programs and initiatives through education and advocacy to enhance the lives of PACE participants and their caregivers
o Will have built relationships with relevant stakeholders across all areas of value for CalPACE
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (in priority order)
Successful candidates will have the following professional experience, allowing them to achieve the expected outcomes:
* Seven-plus years of professional experience
* Five-plus years of advocacy experience
* Experience in a membership/trade association
* Experience working with a board (experience as a volunteer is acceptable)
* Healthcare-related experience a plus
* A background in effective public speaking
* Experience in stakeholder management
* Track record of effective negotiations
Successful candidates will have the following competencies, allowing them to
achieve the expected outcomes:
* A passion for the mission
* Emotional intelligence
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Politically savvy
* Even keeled
Successful candidates will have the following education and credentials, allowing them to achieve the expected outcomes:
* Master's or JD preferred
* CAE a plus
* History of continuing education
CULTURE: Values, Work Style, Personal Traits, Attributes, Characteristics
The ideal candidate will possess the following values, work style, personal traits, attributes, and characteristics, creating an excellent fit with the organization's culture and structure:
* Passion for the mission
* Committed to DE&I
COMPENSATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS
The competitive compensation package includes a salary of $175,000 - 200,000. The position is also eligible for employer-paid medical, dental, vision,and life insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. Travel, primarily statewide, is estimated at 20%.
Pre-screened, selected candidates will be invited to interview in Sacramento, with the Search Committee, the afternoon of Thursday, September 15, 2022, with second interviews the following morning.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
For confidential consideration, at your earliest possible convenience and no later than COB August 31, 2022, please email your chronological resume - to include description and size of current/prior organizations and responsibilities and compensation expectations to:
We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all qualified persons
regardless of their race, sex, gender identity and expression, disability,
religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
See above or visit https://wilcoxcareer.com/CalPACE